jackdbus eating 100% cpu after a while

Hi,

I was a long term jackd1 user and my first action on a new linux installation (mostly using Ubuntu) was normally to remove pulseaudio as it was badly configured and/or buggy. Things have changed and I really started to like PA for everyday stuff. And then jackdbus came along which together with the device reservation API and the jackd sinks promised to make using these two things together more easy. This mostly works fine, except for the device reservation bug in PA which is easy to work around though:

- Make sure no audio process is actively using the soundcard you want jackd to use
- Run pulseaudio -k
- Run jack_control start

I have noticed some issues with jackdbus though:

a] jack_control start sometimes doesn't work at all after the first time it failed to aquire the device. A killall -9 jackdbus is in order to restore it

b] after some hours of operation jackdbus starts to eat 100% cpu on two of my four cores.

Are these known issues? I use Ubuntu 12.10 and jackd:

fps@mango 12:08:21 .../Games/Xonotic/ $ jackd -v
jackdmp 1.9.9
[...]

How to diagnose the 100% cpu thing more closely? The ~.log/jack/jackdbus.log shows nothing suspicious.

Thanks and regards,
Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt