Re: a prelude and fugue in F Major

On 22. jan. 2013 12:45, Dave Phillips wrote:
Greetings:

 From the vaults :

     https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/prelude-and-fugue-in-fmaj

Ruhig und zart.

For the cloudless :

     http://linux-sound.org/audio/prelude_and_fugue_in_Fmaj.mp3

     http://linux-sound.org/audio/prelude_and_fugue_in_Fmaj.ogg

 From a set of counterpoint exercises written in 1992. Originally
intended for a pipe organ patch on the Yamaha TX802, here realized with
the same patch rendered by Sean Bolton's Hexter FM modeling synth, with
reverb from the very nice CALF reverb plugin. Btw, it wants speakers or
phones with good bass response.

Best,

dp

Just gave it a listen, albeit on speakers without good bass response. It's ruhig und zart as you wrote, and would work well for what my wife calls "night music", music suitable to go to sleep with.

They sound nice and like a start for something (which is what prelude means?), though not stirring my deeper feelings. I should try WITH bass response it seems.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Alf