Re: So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

On 02/08/2013 10:26 AM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
They're part of the tool set. Just like a Windows user might have to learn to do some arcane non-music thing to make it work. A professional learns how to do them. A smart professional learns how to do them in such a way that they don't have to do them again. ;-)

<mildly ironic>...a professional is inside a recording studio or on stage half his life, in the neighbourhood of is amp, guitar on his shoulder, with N pedals at his feet, with N varying from 0 to infinity :-) </mildly ironic>

I believe we are not professionals Dave, we are music lovers and musicians with enough IT skills to love Linux, playing mostly alone or in bands, with ten shows/year (more or less), stucked to this mailing list, occasionally with some music delivered (for free) on the internet, but if we ever have to live 100% with music we would be starved to death :-(

Which is true for 99% of musicians using Windows tools (or Mac), too. Some article mentioned it (I forgot the source): 'We did not invent the term "starving artist" in the second half of the 20th century.'

Regards,
Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt