Re: So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Assuming this an open question, I'll share my thoughts...

I love Linux audio for its ideology and the huge efforts of its contributors (something beyond my capabilities). But I do find I'm constantly' battling against the elements'. Ardour 3 closes spontaneously during sessions, xruns are unavoidable under certain circumstances no matter what settings I use and there seems to be a limit as to which plugins will work alongside one another (e.g. QSynth and JAMin can only be used with a very light Ardour load).

I understand many won't have these problems, but that's the point -Linux audio's stability varies from system to system and that's the only negative thing about it compared to corporate OS/Audio. The engineering process sometimes sucks the life out of my creativity because I spend more time searching for solutions to tech problems than revelling in the creative musical process.

But I love it. When working well it has everything I need, the design of it is great and I love the jack system. It will, with a few hitches, allow me to record my music without having to take out a bank loan.

Dan

--
Dan Capp
~ Design & Illustration ~