slowing down sysex dumps

Usually when I want to send a sysex dump to a keyboard, I use the amidi command from the shell, and it works fantastic. However, one of my keyboards is a Siel DK600, which is one of those synthesizers made at the dawn of time (or the dawn of Midi) that just barely knows what sysex is. It sounds beautiful, but Midi is not its high point.

Is there anything you can do on Linux to transmit a sysex file more slowly? I'm not sure, but I think it may help if the data wasn't coming in so fast. The DK600 was originally designed to only receive sysex from other products made by the same company, so they may have had an assumption that the transmitter would have a slow CPU.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky