Re: Behringer UCA202

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:26:57 +0100, Bob van der Poel <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone with experience using the UCA202? I tried it the other day
using audacity and found that it played and recorded just fine if it
was only doing one or the other. But, if I had existing tracks in
audacity and played those (only 1 stereo) and recorded a 2nd track ...
the recorded track sounded like it was filtered though a motorboat
engine (sputter, sputter ...).

I did the recording again directing the output to an existing device
and all worked fine. So the setup seems to be useable. I am thinking
that audacity (alsa?) can't read+write to the device?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. Didn't have jack running.

Perhaps you need to unbind some devices to use the USB device in duplex mode? USB 1 is AFAIK (I might be mistaken) not very fast, but perhaps it helps to get rid of other devices sharing the same IRQ.