Re: controlling time stretch in VLC

On 21/01/13 21:50, Federico Bruni wrote:
Do you know if it's possible to have a better control of time stretching
in VLC?
I know that I can use - and + to change the speed, but I cannot control
the _amount_ of speed.
Do you know if it's possible?

The nearest I can think of is adding the GUI speed control to the interface (Tools > Customize interface...) but still you have a slider and no exact speed input.

Actually, I'm a happy user of Stretchplayer, which allows to set the
speed at a specific percentage.
But Stretchplayer runs only on Linux and I want to recommend a similar
software to some friends who use Windows. VLC is the first option, since
it's Free.

SoX also runs on Windows, in this case you'd have to look at the tempo effect. Although in this case you don't have real rime control (nonetheless you can test easily with the play command (still part of SoX).

Else you'd have to resort to creating something in say, Pure Data, or maybe using something which already exists, like the timestretch~ library in Pd-extended...

Lorenzo.