Re: debugging conflicts Pulseaudio/Jack

Il 18/01/2013 01:00, Patrick Shirkey ha scritto:
There is a bug in Pulseaudio that is stopping pa from releasing the audio
device.

The temporary solution until it is fixed and released is to disable
autospawn and restart pa.

edit ~/.pulse/client.conf

add

     autospawn = no

This solved the issue temporarily, but then PulseAudio stopped working because it couldn't find the device anymore.

I guess it's because of ~/.pulse/client.conf. Can it contain just that line? Or should I copy the file from /etc/pulse and then edit it? I'd prefere being able to include /etc/pulse/client.conf e then add the line. Or maybe change /etc/pulse/client.conf, hoping that in case of update I'll be warned about the new config file (as it happens with other debian packages).

My concern is: I don't want my ~/.pulse/client.conf to be out-of-date wrt the pulseaudio package.

Finally, I've reset my configuration (only ~/.pulse/default.pa) and couldn't reproduce the error.
Doing more testing...
--
Federico