Re: Vocaloid anyone ?

On 01/19/2013 02:56 AM, jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello all,

  Just got into Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka) and it's kind of neat I find.  Especially the megurine Luka tnes and the various Appends (Dark, Soft, etc...) For Hatsune Miku.  I know nothing about this software but I know there's some open source effort in all of this, if only for composing and sharing the many songs that are made.  There's as well an open source animation program (MikuMikuDance) to animate the character.  Does this run under Linux at all ?  Anyone tried this software here ?

Thanks for any comment, cheers.

Hello
Vocaloid uses Spectral Model Synthesis. The Music Technology Group has released libsms http://mtg.upf.edu/static/libsms/ as free software. Currently I am working on a free UTAU resampler that uses Spectral Model Synthesis. I took voices from the "Singing Computer" http://devel.freebsoft.org/singing-computer . UTAU http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/UTAU_wiki allows anyone to record his own voice, but it is non-free and it requires Windows. I have my free virtual singer at https://gitorious.org/lauloid . My synthesized songs are at http://gobblin.se/u/megurineturilli/ . Bender has MikuMikuDance support.

Tobias Platen