Re: [LAD] [OT] digital mixer losing its presets after battery replacement

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:10:39 +0100, Tim Goetze <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Dave Phillips]
From the owner's manual: cE indicates a checksum error.

Would that be an error on the part of simplesysexxer or the hardware ?

I seem to remember some piece of MIDI equipment reporting a checksum
error when I was sending sysex bulks too quickly.  After increasing
the interval between blocks everything was fine.  (No idea what
device it was, certainly not a Yamaha mixer though.)

IIRC for my Yamaha DX7 and the C64 software I've written, it was an issue, when naming a sound with a special Japanese ASCII sign. AFAIR it was only the combination of one sound + a special name including this sign, not an issue when using this sign for other sounds. Voodoo ;). The old (first) DX7 itself only provided capital letters, numbers and the dot, perhaps a few additional signs, my sound bank manager enabled usage of other ASCII signs.

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64