Re: [OT] Open Source Portable Recorder?

On 01/09/2013 11:24 AM, Len Ovens wrote:

On Wed, January 9, 2013 9:39 am, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:

If you really want to hack from scratch... here is a starting point:

http://compulab.co.il/products/computer-on-modules/cm-itc/?gclid=CJ3q9tmv2rQCFal_Qgodu2IArw#overview
http://compulab.co.il/products/sbcs/sbc-x300/#overview
http://compulab.co.il/products/computer-on-modules/cm-t3730/
plus this:
http://compulab.co.il/products/handheld-computers/em-t3730/

Gives you the whole unit minus case, touch screen and everything. I
think
it is basically a smart phone.

All of those links made me think of Raspberry Pi,
http://www.raspberrypi.org/ - maybe it, too could fit this purpose?

Similar price point, but no Audio in. On the other hand, The "mic" in on
the other boards is probably pretty noisy anyway and almost any cheap
USB1.1 audio IF would have stereo in and better noise floor. No display...
I don't think it would suit the purpose to lug a monitor, keyboard and
mouse around... So there may be some extra costs for that too.

I think the Pi was mentioned earlier in the thread, and suffered from a shortage of USB ports?

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx