Re: questions re: systemd and audio in Arch

On 01/01/13 10:43, Joe Hartley wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 09:58:50 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As fellow Arch users know, as of now Arch is officially deprecating the
use of initscripts and sysvinit. Systemd is now supported, and I'm
getting ready to make the switch. It doesn't seem like a difficult thing
to do, but I'd appreciate any advice before taking the plunge. I have a
smoothly running Arch 64 system now, I'd like to keep it that way. :)
I found it very straightforward.  For each daemon I called in rc.conf,
there was a service that needed to be activated with a systemctl command.
The Arch website has a chart of equivalencies to make it easier.

Thanks, Joe, I just took a look at that chart before reading your message. Everything in my DAEMONS line from rc.conf does have an equivalent service, except for rtirq. Any suggestion re: that one ?

Also, I'm unclear on how to make the service invocations permanent. Is it a simple matter of doing it once or ... ?

Best,

dp