Re: sfz convert / tools (findings)

Findings:

Sfzer and makesfz.pl are useful tools when you want to create instrument sfz files. They give you an nice starting point.

http://sfzer.rubyforge.org/
http://web.archive.org/web/20100317152936/http://www.drealm.info/sfz/

I was able to contact the dev of sfzer and got some help.
(dev AT christessmer DOT com)

Atm I wasn't able to contact the dev of makesfz.pl

Both tools expects that the samples are named in a certain way (C, C# etc.). It seems that this makes these tools less valuable for drum samples without such a naming.

For those files I think Lisalo with the -p, --percussive option is your best starting point.
https://github.com/nilsgey/lisalo

This tools is handy if you want to add velocity values, it works via wine and mono. I didn't find a Linux native alternative yet

http://web.archive.org/web/20101122063347/http://drealm.info/sfz/VelLeveler/

Good examples of SFZ files for different instruments would be nice to have at this point. Atm we've the sonatina sfz files and the Salamander sfz, I could use as example. Not sure how sophisticated they are.

More info on SFZ:
http://www.cakewalk.com/DevXchange/article.aspx?aid=108

HTH

Regards,
\r

PS: Because of my time management, I can't guarantee to be subscribed to this list, Cc to me if you've questions or valuable addition info. ;)