Re: Short sketch for Dave Brubeck

loving this.
k.

On 12/19/12 12:15, Jason Jones wrote:
Sweetness is beautiful, James!  Your flute-work is top-notch! Thanks for sharing!

--Jason

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM, James Harkins <jamshark70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After hearing of Dave Brubeck's passing, I was inspired to throw together a little sketch in his honor. The result is Blue Rondo Phase (where "phase" is meant in the Steve Reich sense).

It's just a sketch -- not my best sound design by a long shot, and the form is a bit abbreviated. There's enough to rework into a polished composition later.

Hope this proves entertaining or useful to someone.

http://soundcloud.com/dewdrop_world/blue-rondo-phase

Source: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/sc3/hjh-blue-rondo-phase-for-brubeck.scd

(All made with SuperCollider running in Linux, btw.)

hjh