Re: musicmadewithlinux: Mozart Symphony #40

On Monday 17 December 2012 23:06:55 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 20:27 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> > > Yet, this is the only way you can play mozart, he doesn't deserve

> > > better. Not, that isn't well played, but the sounds show this piece

> > > for what it is.

> > I'd say that even the worst 1% of what Mozart produced has

> > some orders of magnitude more subtlety, musicality, humanity

> > and beauty in it than 99% of the output of who wrote that

> > nonsense.

Give the Ntonyx style-enhancer a try. It is a Windows program, runs, not totally, using wine. Can do wonders for horns, string sections, any solo or choral part. I think it would improve this rendition immensely.

Operates on the MIDI. It can create quite dense MIDI so the synth playing it needs be able to handle this. Timidity will overload easily, for example.