Re: Simple sampler/tracker or similar?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For a quick project (trying to get something finished by the
holidays), what program would you people recommend that I could learn
in a very short time to create short patterns (like how I would create
a song in hydrogen, only the patterns you combine to make a song are
samples instead of drum patterns)? Something I could then export to
wave or sync directly with ardour. I don't have any midi capabilities
at the moment so it would really have to be all samples and "piano
roll". Any suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Arve

By samples are you talking about pitch-shifted instrument samples or static things like premade drum loops?

If you mean something like drum loops, then Non DAW would work for this as it allows one to set a loop point on regions.

If you mean pitch shifted instrument samples, then you could do this with Non Sequencer + petrifoo or a similar sampler.