Re: [OT]: Book spam - example 'Qtractor book'

On 12/03/2012 04:38 PM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
When I stumbled upon this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Qtractor-Jesse-Russell/dp/5512560239/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354552431&sr=1-1

I read that it's not a new scam, and that they probably have around
40,000 'books' of that kind and can do it more-or-less legally (although
I'm not totally convinced that the share-alike is totally complied with,
that is they should probably release the sources to the books, which as
far as I can tell are compilations of wikipedia articles)

And this is an additional reason for which I will be avoiding Amazon as
much as possible.

don't know how wikipedia material could raise to 170pages of printing material but if it's the user manual that's being ripped off then it's GFDL in charge, not CC-whatever

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx