Re: New music made with Linux: Hymn Of Nostalgia

On 12/01/2012 12:48 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello everyone!
   Here is a real piece. A simple song. Not very proggy.
http://juliencoder.de/nama/hymn_of_nostalgia.ogg
   and for the ogg-impaired:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/hymn_of_nostalgia.mp3
   This was done to test and demonstrate my new drumkit configuration
and Nama effects profile. It ended up as a demo for some NordLead3
sounds as well. It's very 80s I'm afraid. Reminiscent of a radioplay
series for children over here in some parts. At least, that's where I
got some of the inspiration. What is there, if all the music is done?
Maybe this. I'm not sure.
   As ever, let me have your feedback good or bad! :-)
   Perhaps nostalgically yours
          Julien

I like it. The drumkit sounds great, feels like it's driving the piece, and keeps the sound centered.

I've always liked that style of synthesizer sound. Thanks for bringing back good memories!

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx