Re: Controlling Animoog from Linux?

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Bill Gribble <grib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, about a year or so ago this didn't seem to be possible but I thought I'd see if anyone in this group made a breakthrough. I'm looking for any combination of Linux and iOS software that will allow me to drive Animoog on an iPhone from a Linux sequencer or other MIDI data source.

With the iphone's Core Midi support via wifi, this feels tantalizingly close, but nothing I could find in early 2012 worked.  Anyone?

i believe that you need either:

    * rtp MIDI
OR
    * an external ipad compatible MIDI interface

to get MIDI to/from the ipad. there is no implementation of rtp MIDI for linux.  an ardour user has had success with a lexicon lambda (?) MIDI interface to connect his ipad and a linux system.