Re: hydrogen to sheet music?

Le 16/11/2012 18:50, renato a écrit :
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:36:27 +0100
Thijs van severen<thijsvanseveren@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

hi Renato

Have you tried to export your hydrogen song to midi first?

Hi Thijs, yes maybe I didn't say it, but I'm indeed exporting first to
midi in hydrogen.

Rosegarden can then read the file and export to lilypond... But for
the kind of flexibility I want it doesn't cut it, so I'm learning a
bit of music21 and hope to soon enough whip up a python script that
takes the midi exported by hydrogen and gives me the lilypond code just
the way I like it...

For the record, what I want is to have a sheet with many single line
staffs, since the parts are actually not of a standard drum kit but of a
percussion ensemble.
I'm in a brasilian percussions band and I want to be able to write
parts in hydrogen (which is unbeatable for writing and testing quick
mock-ups of new pieces) but then hand out the music sheets to my
fellow band mates - it would also be nice if they were then be able to
actually read those, but that's another story... (we're quite
amateurish, but hey we have loads of fun)

cheers,
renato

Hi,
Perhaps have a look into the sources of "Drummer's Gigsaw".
It's rather a beginner work but it still works with python 2.7.3
I won't you waste your time but may be you can find a way according to your needs. It's GPL, you can hack it at wish.
Don't mind with the randomization and the gui made in Python, but read
0-run-process-TOTAL-RECALL.sh in /MA-BASE.
Hoping it will inspire you.
Phil.