Re: [LAD] [ANN] Radium V1.9.1

On 11.11.2012 13:46, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 12:24:08PM +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:

Find /proc/cpuinfo below. Sadly I don't know the reason for this
crash..

I don't know either. -mtune=generic -msse should produce legal code
for your processor...

Maybe Fons knows something as it's in the Zita-Code?

Pretty sure the problem is that sse math crashes. It's just a coincidence
that zita reverb was the first code to use sse math. Radium would crash
later for you anyway, even if zita reverb wasn't used.

That code was generated by Faust. IIRC it is considerably less
efficient than the original C++ code, and it adds nothing new.
So I wonder why you don't use the original, in which case I
could provide support.

Using the Faust version made it possible to port the zita reverb in only a few minutes, since I have a faust architecture file for Radium. In addition, I don't need the equalizer controls and the dry/wet controls (since those
things are available on all sound objects in Radium), and removing
that code from your version (C++) is more work than removing the same
code from Faust code.