Re: [slightly OT] old macbook Air (support)

On 26/10/12 09:38, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hi Patrick!
   Seeing, that it is a first generation Macbook. Do you have experience
with their soundcard, their Wifi? I don't think, that there really is
more to drive. :-)

Theoretically, I think it should all be fine. Anecdotally, I had a first-generation Macbook Pro (a little older than the first Macbook Air, but not vastly so), and I couldn't for the life of me get JACK working reliably on the on-board audio at the time. I think I even tried a realtime-patched kernel, but regardless of what settings I tried, JACK would die after running for a short while.

It's entirely possible that the problem has since been fixed, though, or that it was specific to just that Macbook Pro (my 2011 Macbook Air is fine, for instance), so I don't know if you need to worry too much about it. If you do end up needing to use external audio, though, just bear in mind that the older Airs just have the one USB port.

Thanks
Leigh

   Kind regards
         Julien