Re: Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

On 10/25/2012 11:53 AM, Jannis Achstetter wrote:
On my Raspberry-Pi I use the dummy-driver and then alsa_out to get the
sound to the onboard sound chip (as posted here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=196500#p196500  and
here:http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=197194#p197194  )

However, I can't get my Edirol/Cakewalk UA-101 to work with the Pi but
I'm sure it's not related to power. I guess it's the Pi's USB host-chip
or its driver which seems to have problem with other devices (mostly DVB
stuff), too. Isochronous transfers (as used by most "professional" USB
audio interfaces) seem to be pretty hard for the Pi:(

	Jannis

Hi Jannis,

Yes I've seen those posts and indeed, it seems the Pi has a hard time doing isochronous stuff. When I use the -P or -C option of the ALSA driver JACK starts without complaining.

Jeremy