usb midi keyboard not working when laptop on battery

Hi

I recently reverted from arch to ubuntu, and somewhere in that process my laptop stopped working with my usb keyboards (I have four, I didn't try all combinations, though) when my laptop is on battery.

I never experienced this before, seems very strange to me. I might have been tinkering with some settings in the BIOS, not sure if they could have an impact on this.

I don't have much info, heres what I have:

1) Keyboards work just fine on AC power

2) When laptop is running on battery, the keyboards show up in qjackctl just fine. I can connect to gmidimonitor, and I get "connected" in the gmidimonitor window. However no notes are shown in the gmidimonitor window. Sometimes playing notes on the midikeyboard will crash qjackctl.

So I'm basically posting this here, hoping someone recognizes this behaviour or has an idea how to get closer to a solution.

Thanks in advance for any input!

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk