Re: Some new music?!

Hello Sedric!
The sound I did was based on a square wave with a distrotng filter. The sound in the dubstep class, sounds like it might be based on one of those filter white noises. The Nordleads have that. What they essentially do - as I have read so far - is modulate volume, filter and pitch. Sometimes by LFO, sometimes perhaps by the sequencer software/manual manipulation. In the video, it sounds like a lot of cut-off frequncy modulation. I think he had more than one filter there. Because there are the occasional bits, where the bass sounds, like it's pronouncing a vowel, this is typically achieve by at least to filters in paralel. How exactly he modulates them... No idea. But I'm sure you can think of a few things yourself. It's always a good idea to double the oscillators by some technique. Either you have a unison feature, or stack... What they do is stack notes of your patch on one key, using up polyphony. The notes then are slightly detuned and distributed in the stereo panorama. I hope, this is essentially what you wanted to know. If you're looking for more dubstep, there are radio stations - definitely accessible from Linux -, which play nothing else. :-) A friend posted three links to me once. I should still have them, if you're interested.
  Warm regards
         Julien