Re: Too many xruns

1.  Checking checking sysctl inotify max_user_watches... < 524288 - not good

as jeremy mentioned, i have no idea what this is supposed to help. it has nothing fundamentally to do with realtime at all.

2.  chrt: failed to set pid 0's policy: Operation not permitted
    Checking the ability to prioritize processes with chrt... no - not good
    Could not assign a 80 rtprio value. Set up limits.conf.
    For more information, see
    http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#limits.conf

    I did make the changes outlined at the above link.  I still
    get the above report.  I'm going to guess that I need some
    real-time support from the kernel to make this work.  Which
    brings me to

this is not true. http://jackaudio.org/realtime_vs_realtime_kernel

you *must* get these permissions correct BUT at the same time, i have no idea why this script is trying to set the RT priority of PID 0, which is typically init(1), the program that starts a Unix system running.

3.  Kernel with Real-Time Preemption... not found - not good

not necessarily relevant. required in cases where the kernel and h/w are cooperating (badly) to prevent low latency operation, but many people have systems where this is not required.