[OT]: El cheapo, el-almost-stupido MP3-player

Hello mates!
I've already lookd elsewhere. My MP3 player broke, but since I travel so much I'm really attached to it. Now I'm blind and thus hate displays by nature. I also dislike menus a lot, since you so easily get lost in them. I had a Creative Zenstone (one of the old models) so far. What I could do and am very attached to:
increase/decrease volume
previous/next track
forward/rewind (could ease up on that)
next folder
play/pause/off
It had a random function, but that might have gone rusty, I wouldn't know. any idea, if anything like that is still made nowadays? Sorry, to ask here, but it seems, that the typical shop assistent is more than overwhelmed by such demands, I had the feeling sometimes also by the name of these basic functionalities. Oh yes, the last great feature; Hook it up to the computer via USB, mount it, copy files onto it and unmount it, done. Do it on Linux, Mac, windows or anywhere else and it just works(TM). Thanks for suggestions. I've heard Sony ic recorders, but they don't look really promising and something with menus, but with a small firmwware hack to make it talk, though I'm not too sure yet about it's compatibility with all systems or even any other computer than my own, if I want to keep it accessible to me.
  Kind regards and thanks
        Julien