Re: OnDemand-performance was(OT: klang)

On 08/05/2012 09:14 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
Rather than build a special kernel I would just change
/etc/init.d/ondemand to set performance... it would just take changing one
word in one file. However, because I have heard of (not experienced)
systems shutting themselves down due to overheating when run too hard I
don't want to suggest that as a blanket solution. I also feel that being
able to run at a lower speed that allows the machine to run with fans off
is valuable too. The recording can be at low speed and the post production
at full.

Just added this to the LinuxMusicians Wiki:
http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#cpu_frequency_scaling

Best,

Jeremy