Re: Multiple audio configuration requirements

On 07/11/2012 09:30 PM, david wrote:
On 07/11/2012 09:25 AM, Folderol wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:18:09 +0200
Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

So now I'm running Gnome Classic (no effects).

You're aware that GNOME Classic soon or later will be dropped? Last time
I tested GNOME3 IIRC "Classic" had another name and needed more
resources than GNOME2.

I switched to Xfce, for older installs it's a good replacement for
GNOME2, for new installs Xfce and GNOME apps won't work together, since
font and background colors sometimes are painful, LXDE might be the
better choice nowadays.

YMMV!
Ralf

Personally I think Gnome jumped the shark years ago with their 'we
know best'
attitude. These days I use a simplified debian install, with openbox
as both
the window and session manager. Apart from a few gtk based apps, I
don't touch
Gnome at all.

I'm firmly convinced that the GNOME design team begins every session
with the question, "What more functionality can we remove from users
today?" Eventually, the GNOME UI will consist of a single button in the
middle of the screen reading, "Shutdown computer". ;-)

.. which will only appear if you hold down ALT.