Re: Multiple audio configuration requirements

On 07/11/2012 07:18 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

So now I'm running Gnome Classic (no effects).

You're aware that GNOME Classic soon or later will be dropped? Last time
I tested GNOME3 IIRC "Classic" had another name and needed more
resources than GNOME2.

IIRC, Gnome "Classic" is just an imitation of the GNOME2 UI running on top of GNOME3.

I switched to Xfce, for older installs it's a good replacement for
GNOME2, for new installs Xfce and GNOME apps won't work together, since
font and background colors sometimes are painful,

Hmm, my Xfce installs from Debian Sid don't have any such problems, but I don't use a lot of GNOME apps.

LXDE might be the better choice nowadays.

I understand LXDE has stability problems. But it seems to work on the audio distros I've tried that used it.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx