Re: [LAA] Yoshimi 1.0.0

On 07/04/2012 10:06 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 07/04/2012 07:19 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
Thanks!

The non-session-manager (NSM) patch isn't applied?

http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm/yoshimi-nsm.patch

\r

No. For several reasons:
- It completely disables Jack Session support (for a reason probably,
are the two mutually exclusive or is Jack Session losing momentum?)
- The patch wasn't send to the mailing list or added to the Sourceforge
tracker, in other words, if you'd like to see your patch applied send it
to the project (not every developer or project maintainer hangs out on
forums, IRC or mailing lists)
- Too little interest among Yoshimi users
- I still have my personal doubts about session management in Linux

I use NSM in all my linuxaudio sessions, at least it replaces bash and aj-snapshot.

I see zynaddsubfx has NSM support, it might me a good time to re-test zynaddsubfx.

Regards,

\r