Re: [LAD] [ANN] Radium V0.65.0

Alexandre Prokoudine:
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
> Radium is a free (as in speech) music editor with a novel interface. > It's inspired by trackers, but has fewer limitations and uses graphics to
> show musical data.
>
> The development of Radium started in 1999 on the Amiga platform. Since then
> it has been ported to Linux.

Any plans to move to at least Qt4? Qt3 is so 2000s :)

Yes, in the makefile you can specify USE_QT4 instead of USE_QT3. It doesn't work right now, but it did a few weeks ago. Problem with QT4 is that copying pixmap to widget (bitblt) was so horribly slow. (And I did turn off double buffering
plus some other other options, but it only helped a little bit.)

I don't know what the problem was, maybe my X setup is too old.

It's not surprising that bitblt is a little bit slower in QT4 since
their QPixmap is not a wrapper around the X Pixmap anymore. Maybe
that's the whole explanation. It was usable, but not very nice compared to QT3.

File requesters and the FX selector are always made with QT4 though. :-)
(IOW. Radium requires both QT3 and QT4 in the default setup.)