Re: Can't get Layla24 digital inputs working with jack

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at
> alice-dsl.net>wrote:
>
> > IIUC there never ever will be perfect sync between cards using
> > different AD/DA converters.
>

> not correct. sync just requires a shared sample clock. any two devices
> with word clock connectors and a cable between them can do this.

Apologize to the OP. So using ADAT + a wc sync, as the OP does, is a
benefit?!
If so, I should get a RME Word Clock Module (WCM). That won't make the
ADA 8000 a better device, but at least phases between the RME and the
Behringer (or some better ADAT devices) would be clean.

Just for the record. SPDIF and ADAT can sync two or more  e q u a l
sound devices?

they don't even need to be equal. anything that can share a sample clock can be made to run in perfect sync. ADAT clock has some issues, in my experience. S/PDIF clock is better. Word clock is best.