CueFrog.pd: theatre cue player framework initial release

hi everyone!

thanks to the excellent pd documentation out there and lots of hand holding by friendly pd gurus on this list and elsewhere, here's my humble take at creating a theatre cue player with pd that does what i need... all the heavy lifting is done by august black's excellent readanysf~, thanks for making this tool available!

CueFrog is designed to be multi-instance capable, so you can create as many decks as your machine can handle, and makes use of lots of send/receive ports to simulate some kind of object-oriented encapsulation stuff, based on my (limited) understanding of a model/view/controller paradigm.

grab it: http://stackingdwarves.net/public_stuff/software/CueFrog/CueFrog-0.0.2.tar.gz

it's documented, so you should get it going in no time. i'm sure there are many quirks there, and i found out it's very easy to create race conditions in pd, so no warranties :)
comments and suggestions for improvements are most welcome.

i have a vbap-based panning automation in the works (which has already been used live at a theatre festival), but the code is in oh-my-good-tomorrow-is-dress-rehearsal shape, so forgive me for withholding it another month or so.

and before you ask: frogs are cute. and when the director makes me jump, i need tools that jump along :-D

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net