Re: Batch Convert .wav to .ogg and .mp3 with tags

Hallo!

I realize that the mp3 format is proprietary, but I have the
libmp3lame library installed which allows audacity to work with
mp3 files.  Is there any way that sox can be configured with this
library to work with mp3?

Or is there  tool other than sox that people recommend?

I would just use lame for mp3 encoding and oggenc for ogg encoding.

Also, it would be very useful when doing these
conversions from .wav to .ogg and .mp3, to be able
to set some of the tags in the header.

Yes, you can set the tags both with lame and oggenc!

Good luck!
LG
Georg

--
auphonic - automatic audio post production
http://auphonic.com