Re: Mission Statement

On 05/13/2012 12:07 AM, Mike Mazarick wrote:
Thanks, Devin!
...   We have long ago lost the ability to make music on our
own because we have fallen into the hole of continually tweaking and
trying to make something work.

Hmm. Last few Linux audio distros I checked out didn't require tweaking. RT kernels already configured and working. A wide variety of audio apps installed, configured and working. Oh, I'm sorry, I did have to tweak one thing. I had to configure my USB sound card in QJackCtl on the laptops.

Musix 3 beta does the audio end of things quite well ...

I don't blame Linux audio for what adventures I've had getting things to work. I run Debian Sid, and even with the excellent help of Aptosid, Sid is still a somewhat shakey foundation to build on! ;-)

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx