Re: small usb interface (1in 2out)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, plutek wrote:

From: yvan volochine <yvan.sc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

sorry to post YAThread about usb interfaces but I need a small usb one
with 1 in and 2 out (basically a mic and a loud stereo out).

i don't know about those devices, but i just purchased an ART USB Dual Tube Pre and am very happy with it. works ootb as a class-compliant USB device, with no drivers or firmware required.

I'll second that nomination, as I just purchased one also. It has a noise floor about 5db worse than my Focusrite firewire interface, but for the money ($149 USD) it's a great product. It also has an SPDIF output, so I can use it as an expansion of my focusrite firewire interface as well as standalone. (But alas, no wordclock in, so in order to utilize those extra two channels, I have to slave the focusrite to the SPDIF clock.)

A friend who didn't need the SPDIF out, but only a two-channel pre with phantom to expand his band's PA also bought the solid-state version ($69 USD). I had a chance to check it out, and it also 'just works' on Ubuntustudio 12.04beta. I didn't make noise floor measurements on that one, however.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/615405-REG/ART_USBDUALPREPS_USB_Dual_Pre.html

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                               -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009