new software

Greetings,

Since I'm no longer writing monthly articles for the Linux Journal and I'm no longer maintaining the site at linux-sound.org, I've decided that you lucky LAUyers will get to read what I think is fresh and new in the world of Linux audio software. Gods willing and the creek don't rise, I'll put occasional notices here about recently-announced apps and other softs that might be of interest to Linux audio-type folk.

Today it's ScoreDate :

    http://www.mindmatter.it/scoredate/

"It is an open source software written in Java that helps musicians to learn music reading. It is suitable for any skill, from beginners to professional users. From slow training to first sight reading."

And Jeff Hubbard's work with his LibModSynth :

    http://libmodsynth.sourceforge.net/

"LibModSynth is a library of high quality audio DSP modules built with sound quality, CPU efficiency and interoperability in mind. The library is designed to make writing plugins easy, even if you have little or no experience programming in C, C++ or Qt."

Jeff's used his library to write some nice DSSI plugins, so now's the time to lobby for DSSI support in Ardour3. :)

And finally Dave Robillard has released LV2 1.0 and a batch of Paul Keller's MDA plugins for it :

    http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2-1.0.0.tar.bz2

    http://drobilla.net/software/

Remember, you'll need most of Dave's software - suil, sord, serd, sratom, probably others - for a complete LV2 system. Be sure to read his notes on installation and configuration.

Best,

dp