Re: poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

One more point in the same view, why would you re-create
http://www.linux-drivers.org/ ???
I wouldn't unless it didn't exist.  OTOH, the last time I went shopping for
a better sound card than the SoundBlaster 16 I had at the time, I wasn't
even aware of that site.  So I bought an Audigy2 Value, with a 24 bit
dynamic range, muchly improved over the SB16.  Nothing compared to some
that is available, usually winders only drivers though, if you bring enough
sheckles to the register today.

See, it does pay to advertise a URL such as that occasionally.  Its the
first time I've heard of it since 5 or so years.  And that mention is the
sort of advertising I tolerate very well indeed.

Cheers, Gene
Well, when I wanted to buy a sound card 2/3 years ago I just searched
"Linux YYYY soundcard X-in X-out X-kHz X-bits"
and this gives me choices, without advertising....
Then PPL on Ardour gives their advice and I'm really happy with the card !!!

--
Ah, si chaque grain de sable choisissait d'apporter sa goutte d'eau, hein ?