Re: [Music] Piano piece

On 22/04/12 18:40, Folderol wrote:
If anyone's interested, the score can be found here:
www.quirq.ukfsn.org/Quirq_Untitled-Piano-Piece_score.pdf

I seemed to have missed this previously :o
Very well done and full marks for managing to write a score - I never can :(

The playing instructions are... erm... 'unusual'!

:-D It's the Erik Satie school of score annotation. He had some fantastically absurd directions such as:
-- very shiny
-- ask
-- with the tip of your thought
-- postulate within yourself
-- arm yourself with clairvoyance
-- open your head

..and so on. I think there might have been some method to his madness, I think it's more about the state of mind necessary to achieve the right style rather than directly instructing how to play it. Or it might just have been the absinthe talking!