Re: Complete Ardour user guide ?

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hence, a full user guide that can be read ans pondered about and
studied at other odd times, bit by bit, could be useful to save time on
raw exploration.
Well the flossmanual provides some very good information regarding workflows and ways to get things done. I found the 2 pages on Regions and editing them quite useful :)

> Perhaps if you explain what you're area of interest is, or perhaps the
> use-case you have in mind some of the users of this list could offer
> their experience.

Well, one thing that caught my eye recently is something that might be
able to save template sessions.  If I think it is what it is, I could
save a setup of tracks-to-inputs.  But then, what else is saved with
these templates ?  Are all effects saved also ?  This is a rather
mundane question after all.  There are other Ardour options and
functions that might be quite interesting.
Saving a template is in the manual, but since it doesn't mention effects in the manual, I think its safe enough to assume that effects aren't saved.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/ch053_saving-a-template/

HTH, -Harry