Re: [NEWBIE] help needed for using SoX with Jack.

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 02:56:34PM +0200, Renato Budinich wrote:
> Hi, exactly what sox command are you giving? I'm on my phone till tomorrow
> and can't check, but the idea with jack is that sox will expose some output
> ports which you should connect, with qjackctl for example, to your
> soundcard.
>
> Also, I was using sox too but was reccomended by many here ecasound, and
> for the little I used it it did indeed seemed better (audio flow is more
> clear)
That was going to be my response. Sox is a fine old programme and I
still occasionally use it for simple processing, but its syntax get get
exotic at times. Ecasound has a clearly defined syntax, supports complex
chainsetups, has a good amount of internal effects but also lets you use
ladspa (and soon possibly LV2), and can be controled in a variety of
ways (command-line, interactive mode, perl, python, etc.). It of course
has jack and jack transport support as well. You might find it more
rewarding...

Cheers,
S.M.