Re: OT: releasing music under Creative Commons

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Burkhard Wölfel <versuchsanstalt@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am 03.04.2012 um 01:06 schrieb Kris Calabio <kriscalabio@xxxxxxxxx>:

I'm sure a lot of you have experience distributing your music under a Creative Commons license so I'd like some of your thoughts.  My band finished recording a full length album recently, and we are planning on releasing it under CC-BY-NC-SA.

Maybe you should advertise the option to relicense cc-by-sa for alternative radio stations or people publishing compilations. NC can be a showstopper there.

All the best for your band effort!

- Burkhard

 How would that be a showstopper?  Wouldn't they just need our permission?  Or is there some complicated legal stuff that I'm missing?

-Kris