midi backend not working in qjackctl?

Hi all,

I seem to recall that setting qjackctl's 'midi driver' option to 'seq' is supposed to make a copy of all the midi ports in the 'alsa midi' tab under the 'jack midi' tab. This used to work fine for me, but bafflingly doesn't seem to work now. The ports simply don't appear as they should, whatsoever.

If I can't fix it, I guess I'll just start using a2jmidid instead, but I'd prefer to use Jack's internal solution. Any ideas why this might not be working, how to fix it, or where to investigate? Thanks!

James