Re: My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

It also sounds like ass. Not to be an ass or anything.

Have you tried Bristol?  It's got some really nice sounds, but just as
with a HW analog synth, you need to set up your sounds yourself.  You
are presented with a graphic of the actual synth model you pick, and you
twist knobs from there.  I use the Prophet 5, ARP 2600, and Hammond B3
instruments in it a lot.

--
"Cheshire-Puss," she began, "would you tell me, please,
which way I ought to go from here?"