Re: OT: Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

On 02/24/2012 10:45 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
A paradox: We call it AMD64, but expect Intel to work with Linux,
instead of AMD :p.

Well, the difference between AMD and Intel video is that Intel video driver folk didn't decide to replace their entire set of working drivers with a new set and architecture that doesn't work reliably. And the Debian Community didn't decide to stop distributing the drivers that work. (I've HEARD that the reason they did it is to add 3D support. Sounds to me like they're aiming at video gamers, not ordinary people.)

But then pro audio is a microscopic sliver of Linux applications, so who listens to those people, anyway?

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx