Re: Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

On 02/24/2012 10:18 AM, hermann wrote:
Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 09:35 -1000 schrieb david:
I do. They should just keep up the NV drivers that DO work until the
Nouveau drivers also work AND SUPPORT THE SAME HARDWARE, instead of
dropping NV completely.

You are free to download the source here :
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-video-nv

and patch it to make it work on debian/sid.
Then, you gone be a part of "They" ;-)

Nice fantasy. I used to be able to read C++ code, but that was long ago.

I think the real problem is that like a few other Linux communities (and Mac OS X and Windows), Debian doesn't listen to users. And the decision to replace a "known working product" with a "flaky experimental product" makes me question their project management abilities, too.

A friend of mine doesn't run Sid, he runs the current Stable, and that apparently doesn't include NV, either.

Reminds me the KDE4 fiasco: KDE stopped supporting KDE3 the moment KDE4.0 shipped, but KDE4 didn't become ready for primetime until 4.5.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx