Re: Using espeak with a vocoder program?

On 02/04/2012 12:38 PM, lau@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 02/03/2012 11:40 PM, "Bearcat M. Şandor" wrote:
Is there a way i can use espeak that will make it sound like it's going
through a vocoder? I've looked for different voices to do this and i'm
not finding anything.
I'll be using this for audial system notifications.

I've done that with pico2wave (from libttspico-utils) by just creating
WAV files of the speech I wanted and then running those through a
vocoder effect in Audacity. No reason you couldn't do the same in espeak
and then assign the resulting sound files to the various notifications.
I know, not as seamless as some kind of ALSA->JACK->effect chain, but
it's an option.

Rob

Thanks for all the suggestions on this folks. I appreciate it. What i was hoping for was to set up notifications that will have notifications that are dynamic. Thus a pre-recorded wave file won't do. I was hoping i could make a MBROLA vocodered sounding voice, but it doesn't look like i can.

Bearcat