Re: Time to move along

On 02/13/12 13:58, Leigh Dyer wrote:
On 12/02/12 8:57 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
<snip>

Thanks so much for posting this, it sounds great! It's definitely an
honour to have you put so much time and effort in to this.

Thank you for the very usable stems!

<snip>

I know the feeling -- while working on "Texel" I was pushing Ardour 3
the whole time, finding a lot of bugs along the way, and there were a
number of times when I couldn't even load the session due to various
crashes. It all came together in the end though, and I hope that my bug
reports and testing helped in some small way to advance Ardour 3's
progress along.

<snip>

I'd really, really love to see a simple LV2 sampler plugin that I could
load in to Ardour or Qtractor -- something that I could easily load in
to a track, load a sample in to, and then have playing MIDI within a few
seconds. I've started to use LinuxSampler more, just so I can use its
plugin instead of using an external app like Hydrogen or Specimen,
though I've had some crashes there (in the LinuxSampler LV2 plugin
itself, I suspect) that I haven't had time to chase down yet.

You could try the DSSI simple stereo sampler.

<snip>

I'd love to see seq24 get some updates, too -- it still runs okay for me
on JACK 0.121, but its JACK transport support hasn't worked for me since
the days of JACK 0.116! It's difficult to do much with it without JACK
transport support, though at least you can still create some patterns in
it and then import the session in to another sequencer.

<snip>

That all sounds really exciting -- best of luck with it all!

Thanks Leigh! It could happen any time now...

Thanks
Leigh

Best,

Jeremy