Re: Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

2012/2/12 jonetsu <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:53:29 +0100,
Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote :

> but also... what about your mixer?
> a trabant shipped with ferrari engine would not do the job as you
> expect :-)

Interesting.  My answer is: none.  The microphone cable would go to a
passive direct box (*) I got some time ago and the output of the box
then goes into the M-Audio 1010LT card and fed to Ardour.  I do not see
at the moment why there would be an external mixer in there.

At least you should prefer an external mixer because you want its preamps and if not, you should prefer a mic preamp IMHO if you are looking forward for a good sound.

regards
-r